Fish health is more described on this page. Sea lice and PD levels could negatively impact the salmon’s appetite and growth and increase cost/kg and result in less volumes.
Data on sea lice are published on a weekly basis by Lusedata.no. Levels normally troughs in May/June and peaks in the fall. Remember that the max limit is 0.5 lice per fish (yellow line).
Sea lice and treatments – 5 key reasons to pay attention
- One prerequisite for growth in Norway is that farmers keep sea lice levels below 0.10.
- Another prerequisite for growth is that the average number of treatments (using chemicals) must be kept at a maximum of 2.
- Sea lice is a health indicator. High parasite levels could negatively impact growth and cost/kg.
- Potentially, high lice levels could result in forced harvesting and less volumes.
- The sea lice parasites could also harm the stocks of wild salmon and sea trout
Want more cool charts and stuff about fish health?